vrijdag 3 juni 2016

Craftsheets are indispensable for creative working.......



Hi there,

Today something different.....just want to let you know that my craft sheets are indispensable for the work that I do...........I have a company that produces them in all sizes........GREAT!!!
I order them for my workshops there and I can deceide which size I will need.

It's called: 

They have also their own blog for which they invite crafters of all kinds to write a post and they tell the crafting world how important their craft sheet is........

Well, here is my post.........just some photo's which show what I am doing with it.......
The text on the photo is in Dutch so I will do a little translation for you......

Hallo allemaal,

Vandaag even wat anders.......wil jullie graag laten weten hoe onmisbaar mijn craftsheet is voor mijn werk.   Ik koop ze dan ook bij een bedrijf waar ze in allerlei maten gemaakt worden van klein tot groot. Ook voor de workshops koop ik ze daar in en kan zelf bepalen in welke maat.

Het heet:

Ze hebben ook hun eigen blog waarop ze allerlei creatievelingen uitnodigen om hun ervaring met het craftsheet te delen, je kunt het hier vinden....
I always gather everything I need to create my project on the craft sheet........it's very easy to have a craft sheet which has the same size as your working table......
Here I am going the create a background using ecolines, lots of water and spraying


using a soft brush I apply several colors of the Ecolines and use a lot of water to let them flow

than adding some white Ecoline.........

make the white Ecoline(which has a lot more pigment) more fluid by mixing it with water, I use the craft sheet as a palette


just spatter with the brush some of the white Ecoline on your paper and let it flow......


in between wipe off the left over inks with a kitchen towel  


in between layers heat dry using a heat tool....you can dry on your craft sheet because it is heat resistant.......


Spray some water on the craft sheet and use it as an ' ink pad' to press your stamp on


Press the wet stamp on the paper, leave it for a while and than press a piece of kitchen towel on it to pull out the ink.....you can see the structure of the stamp......


Repeat again but now use some white Ecoline.......


This also creates a nice structure.....

the craft sheet is great for all kind of blending techniques too.....
I always put my inks on my craft sheet and use it from there to blend........you will keep your ink pads more clean by doing that instead of taking the ink out of the pad with your tool......

Removing ink or paint which has become solid.....I use a Catalyst tool to scrape it of........


And this was the final piece.......( but you have seen it before...)

En dit was het uiteindelijke werkstuk.......( wat jullie al een keer gezien hebben)

Er zijn vele mogelijkheden om op het craft sheet te werken, alles kan en ook is het zo weer schoon te maken.........het enige wat je niet moet doen is met scherpe voorwerpen erop werken. Zonder mijn craft sheet zou mijn creatieve wereld er heel anders uitzien.....onmisbaar!

Stay creative and till next time!



4 opmerkingen:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the look and the sgyle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks for this tutorial Miranda. I have always wondered how you build up your lovely backgrounds and this explains a lot of useful tips. Happy weekend! Elaine xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ben blij dat ik bij Hella jou les heb kunnen volgen Miranda. Heb veel geleerd , nog bedankt daarvoor.Heb bij thuiskomst gelijk zelf een kaart gemaakt met pan pastels en soft derwentpotloden, super, kaart ook nu op mijn blog gezet.
    Jij nog bedankt voor je geweldige uitleg , ook hier op je blog weer.
    groetjes Bennarda (Ballie)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for your visit on my blog! Hope to have inspired you! Till next time, Miranda

Bedankt voor je bezoek aan mijn blog! Hoop dat ik je geïnspireerd heb!
Tot de volgende keer, Miranda

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

' DANCE'

While I dance I cannot judge,
I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life.
I can only be joyful and whole.
That is why I dance.”
~Hans Bos